CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Hip..Hip...Hop - Opps, I mean Hurray!




As of Friday, we have our homestudy. On Saturday, we went to the Credit Union and had our final documents notarized, had two passport pictures taken for our dossier, and compiled our dossier. Oh, I'm so excited that we finally received our homestudy after waiting two months for one of our background checks! I thought the day would never come that we would actually have our homestudy in hand. The pictures on the left show my excitement of having it in hand. Lily was a little confused about my excitement, simply because it was just a stapled stack of papers, and not the ads that she loves to chew up. And she couldn't figure out why I wanted to chew her up, rather than those beautiful pieces of paper in my hand. I reaffirmed her that the adoption paperwork has made me a little crazy!

Speaking of being a little crazy, our referral must be coming soon because I am nesting like crazy. On Friday, I completely cleaned out, and organized all of our cabinets, drawers in our upstairs bathroom. Then on Sunday, I organized our game trunk, buffet, and working on the black hole of my office. Seriously, what has gotten into me?! Please, Grace, please say it is because our referral is coming soon! I can't imagine any other reason for my obsessive organizing, aka nesting.

Please continue to pray for our Lil' Cupcake! May she be surrounded by the love of her Ethiopian family, her orphanage family, and our family. We love her so much, and we can barely wait any longer to know who she is!

Cheers to going to the Secretary of State office tomorrow and getting our documents authenticated, and then off to Washington D.C. this week! YAY!!

1 comments:

Diann said...

Congratulations Lucy from a fellow Hope gal! I share your excitement. I just found out yesterday that my Home Study has been finalized and is on it's way to me. HOW EXCITING!

I have enjoyed secretly stalking your blog and your journey to your Little Cupcake. CONGRATULATIONS!

-Diann